LAHORE (Pattar Prerak): At a local hotel near the truck stand, management allegedly gave acid instead of water to children who had come to celebrate their birthdays, leaving them in a critical condition.
Regarding the incident, Adil, a local citizen, filed a case in the Sadar police station, the plaintiff said that my nephew and niece’s condition worsened after drinking water in a private restaurant located in Greater Iqbal Park.
They said that nephew Ahmed’s hand was burnt while washing with water, while two-and-a-half-year-old Wajiha’s condition became critical when she was given water.
The incident of 3 members of the family drinking acid happened 4 days ago, the CCTV footage of the incident has also emerged, in which a person is washing the child’s hands with water.
According to the family members, when the condition of both the children worsened, they were immediately taken to the hospital, where they are undergoing treatment. The victims include two-and-a-half-year-old girl Wajiha, cousin Ahmed and maternal uncle.
On the other hand, on the request of the family, the police registered a case against the restaurant management and arrested the manager. Police officials say whether it was a mistake or deliberate, the investigation is on.
After drinking acid, the girl has been admitted to the ICU for 4 days. During the treatment, two and a half year old Wajiha has received 8 bottles of blood so far.